CoRT 1 Breadth Thinking …
Thinking Tools to Help Strengthen Critical Thinking, Collaboration,
and Communication Skills
straightforward, ingenious, and quite easy to apply." --David Perkins, Ph.D
educator introduction here.
There are 10 quick
Let's take a look:
Learn to become an
excellent lifelong thinker.
Think of a person setting out to learn to be a
carpenter. Each carpenter's tool is designed to
carry out a specific function. The carpenter learns
when and how to use each of the tools one-by-one. A
lot of practice is required to become a skilled
carpenter. Learning to become a skilled thinker is
the same approach: to make the basic operations of
thinking second nature so that they are carried out
automatically, smoothly, and without fuss or effort.
- Think using one thinking tool at a time.
- There is no one right order to these
- Use the thinking tools that make sense for
your thinking challenge.
- The tools emphasize thinking as a deliberate
act rather than a reactive one.
- The tools are designed to be used
objectively with an open mind--to broaden
perception instead of defending a particular
You should know more about and have a broader view
of each thinking situation after applying any of
these tools than you had before you started. You
should be more complete in your thinking.
Everything You Need to Start a Thinking
Program for Your Educators, Administrators, and Students
80850--CoRT Thinking Lessons--CoRT 1 Breadth Thinking
Tools: The Complete Learning, Planning, and Teaching Guide for Teachers,
Administrators, and Home Schoolers, Edward de Bono, 198 pages.
to read the contents and introduction section PDF.
80851 Student Notes CoRT 1 Breadth Thinking Tools: Easy
to Follow Learning Guide for Students Aged 8-Adult, Edward de Bono,
80852 PowerPoint Presentation CoRT 1 Breadth Thinking Tools:
Designed for busy faculty members, and professional development
consultants, this presentation can be used
80853 A Thinker's Journal CoRT 1 Note Paper The Personal
Assistant to Support Excellent Thinking.
80803 CoRT 1 Breadth Thinking Tools Pocket/Wallet Cards--a handy
lifelong reference tool.
70851 Cuaderno de notas para el alumno--Spanish
translation for Student Notes.
- Makes a great professional development event for faculty,
administrators, and board members. It helps to start at the top with
education thought leaders.
Check out our public events schedule.
- Challenges “gifted” students and strengthen “remedial” students.
- Equips students with practical tools to become excellent
lifelong thinkers--creative, constructive, critical, and productive.
- Helps students learn to think things through before acting.
- Enables schools to infuse the teaching of thinking across all age and
- Helps develop specific thinking skills to improve performance in all
- Helps to improve yearly assessment scores.
- Provides structured discussion tools for group work.
- Strengthens MBA student performance.
- Is perfect for administrators, faculty, and board
members needing to resolve challenging issues in new ways
with tight budgets.